Frame Powder Coating
How to Specify
PRELIMINARY INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS
The Powder coating is specified by performance.
The Architect shall:
- Ensure that the powder coating is applied by a Jotun Powder Coatings approved Applicator by obtained a copy of Approved Applicatorship License that the application method is carried out in compliance with the “Recommended Process and Process Control Requirements for Architectural Aluminum Alloys’ Coating”, as it appears in Part 2 of the “Quality and Warranty” document.
- Required via contractor provide documents confirming use of Jotun Powder Coatings per specified project.
RECOMMENDED SPECIFICATIONS TEXT Corror-Coat PE-F Powder Coatings
- All aluminum extrusion and sheets shall be coated with CORROR-COAT PE-F powder coating for exterior architectural metal work in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions; color to be approved by Architect.
- The substrate shall be clean and pre-treated through a multi stage pre- treatment process with recommended chromate treatment.
- All exposed surface shall be received a film thickness of at least 60 microns.
- The application of the powder coatings shall be in conformity with all relevant requirements, restrictions and recommendations of the Recommended Process and Process Control Requirements for Coating of Architectural Aluminum Alloys.
- A 10 year external warranty shall be obtained from the sub-contractor on the material finish.
|Corro-Coat PE-F||10-year product warranty for exterior applications (fourteen series)|
|Polyester Façade||15-year product warranty for exterior applications (thirteen series)|
|Corro-Coat PE-SDF||25-year product warranty for exterior applications|
|Super Durable Façade|
|Corro-Coat Durasol||30-year product warranty for exterior applications|